SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Lizzard Show

The lizzard show is coming to our area next weekend.
We're looking for a crested gecko.
I keep dropping allusions to the show in emails to my friends.

But no one ever asks.

No one ever says, "Lizzard?! Tell me more--"

No one wants to know how we had 2 geckos for a while, Lemon and Lime,
and that Lime (or was it Lemon?) died about 6 weeks ago . . .
We weren't so good at feeding them,
Only managed to go to the pet store about every 10 days for the crickets.

That cursed petstore again. What a metaphor.

Did you know that crickets can attack back??!
That's why I tell you: don't hold/touch them.

Honestly, I'm a bit ambivalent about the lizzard show.
Trying to pump it up like it's grand.

I'd rather take the cash & eat at the CheeseCake Factory,
shop at WorldMarket, and maybe see a flick--Spanglish even.

I'll be the one to feed it again, I just know it.
But cresteds eat baby food; we can keep that food in stock.

A lizard. What about the d**n mouse under the fridge??!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home