SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Sunday, January 23, 2005

To Come Out, Or Not to Come Out

I have a friend who is doing graduate work at Cambridge in the UK. She writes HTML; in fact, she is the person responsible for introducing me to this site.

Yet, I have never given her my addy. Muuhahahahahaha.

But now that I have a bit of fiction up, pics of chickens and everything, I kind of want her to see it . . . How do I get her to pinkie swear across the Atlantic?

Then my students will find out . . . my stupid colleagues (as is, I don't have to hide the irony of my terrible spelling) . . . my aquaintances with whom I always feel uncomfortable . . . my 6th grade Sunday School teacher (which scares me the most). . .

What if I ever get the nerve up to admit something horrid in print--

Why does blogging have to be this way?

2 Comments:

At 7:02 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

Just because you give your info to your Cambridge friend does not mean that everyone will know it. If you want her to read your fiction, you could just create a separate, unrelated blog and post the fiction/art there so that she and she alone can read it.

You can even set permissions for specific people. You don't have to give up your anonymity if you don't want to!

Fiction, hmmmm? Well, now I want to read it... :o)

 
At 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my site the other day! I think your blog can be anything you want it to be... Just be careful - the more you admit in print, the more addictive it seems to get.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home