SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Comment on My Comments?

Should I be commenting on my comments?
Am I being rude?
Undeserving?
Yet again?

I know I should click on the "email me when I get a comment" button,
but there is just something sweetly narcissistic about
scrolling through all of my old posts
and rereading my own writing--finding a new comment now and then.

Makes me feel like my work (may I use the term ever so loosely) has a life of its own--
these posts aren't simply dead when a new post replaces it . . .

If I commented on my comments, then I would be creating a dialogue.
Under the current administration, I think that may be frowned on.
And what would be self-pleasure seeking about that?

btw--I am breaking my own rules; I looked up "narcissistic" on spellcheck--d*mn, I thought this would be a space where I never worried . . .

4 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Blogger Oh great One said...

I comment on mine sometimes when I feel like it fits. I think if you encourage interactive comments you get to know people better. It doesn't feel so sterile.

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

Hmn, perhaps you are misleading yourself?

If you did not want a dialogue, why post journal entries online as a blog? Why allow them to be viewed by the public? Why allow comments?

The comments would be bad if they distract you from posting, but they are nominally a plus, and I for one like to get them...

Of course, I have not received any "you suck" comments yet, so I'll keep you posted. :o)

...And as for spell checking, why is there not a spell check utility in the comment window? I mean really. I don't want to sound like an ignorant loon just because of a typo. I can't edit this after I submit it. A spell-checker is a tool and should be used. Too many people depend on them, and forget how to correctly spell.

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

...so that is bad.

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

...about spell checkers, I mean. Misuse is bad.

Why, Blogger, why can't I edit my comments?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home