SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Altercations

Ok, so I try to be sympathetic to all of those mommy-women out there. Not everyone can be a hip twixter like me. But I did find myself publically enraged today--on the road, of all places.

Somehow I managed to get caught in "school" traffic. All these parent-people lined up at a four-way stop. Confused as to who goes next. Nothing worse.

Unexplainably, I had two children in the back of my car.

Anyway, while I sat in the sun, in my car, barely moving, I began to make the best of the situation and tried to make conversation with Child 1. Twisting my neck, using my mirror, I asked what his favorite part of the day was. Yadda yadda.

The black car in front of me hit its brake lights sharply. I tapped mine, glanced in the rearview mirror to make sure the guy behind me was ok. Continued conversation.

The black car jerks again. Break lights. I think, "Poor car. What's wrong with it?"

Continued my conversation.

Out of the corner of my sunglasses, I spy a rather large woman shouting into her own rearview mirror with arms and hands raised. "Oh. I get it. She thinks I'm too close to her bumper." Hello? We are going .8 mph & I am not too close.

I watch the spectacle. Blood boils. I begin to sneer and mouth very slowly, shaking my head, "You---are---the---sorriest---woman---I---have---"

Her hands fly wildly now, along with quite a bit of head wagging. She doesn't know that I have been watching Fight Club. She doesn't know how close to bottom I am.

I wave "Come on" style at her with both hands. Jerk my chin up. "Bring it" I mouth. Tap at my chest. "Come on" I nod. Gesture at my door.

Repeat gesture. More violent shaking. Repeat gesture again.

She whips out a cell and holds it up. She points violently at it. "Yeah. That's right. Do it." I mouth.


***


I'm posting this from my laptop at the station. They haven't booked me. One of the officers knows me and they don't care what I do. I don't really know who threw the first punch. That's my story I'll tell the judge. I also read a few days ago that Florida, or maybe all US states for all I care, has just given citizens the right to full body defense. Before, one had to try to avoid, retreat, from such altercations. Now that the law has passed, I have a right to completely defend where I stand. So, I shrug, she came to me. I'll tell the judge that I was confused about the law. I won't even mention Fight Club and the freedom of that first swing. Yeah. Luckily, I did not have a legalized concealed weapon in the glovebox.

11 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, Blogger Lillee said...

That is absolutely hilarious.

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Tee said...

lmao, i wish i could read THAT womans blog too...

 
At 10:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I certainly hope you just made up this story.

What a great role model. It is so nice you chose to do this in "school" traffic where children could see you. For shame. Why is it so bad to back off the womans bumper and be the bigger person?

 
At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL..A cat fight at the school grounds..

 
At 12:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So anyways I was out at the schoolizzle and I saw these crazy ass bitches throwing down on the school grounds. I was all like, What up Ho's? Why you got to be fronten on my turf! The I pulled out my nine and capped their asses! Oh hell no, you aint pullin' none of that shitizzle on my nizzle! Word!

Peace out!

 
At 4:53 AM, Blogger sumo said...

I think your blood sugar was low from lack of food...You wouldn't really do that...would you? Come on...put us out of our misery...tell us what really happened. I know you wouldn't have jeopardized those fictitious twins of yours.

 
At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you think the covert "point" of the post could be to critique Florida's new law? Look what I ran into:

By Michael Peltier

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (Reuters) - People in Florida will be allowed to kill in self-defense on the street without trying to flee under a new law passed by state politicians on Tuesday that critics say will bring a Wild West mentality and innocent deaths.



The Florida House of Representatives, citing the need to allow people to "stand their ground," voted 94-20 to codify and expand court rulings that already allow people to use deadly force to protect themselves in their homes without first trying to escape.


The new bill goes further by allowing citizens to use deadly force in a public place if they have a reasonable belief they are in danger of death or great bodily harm. It applies to all means of force that may result in death, although the legislative debate focused on guns.


The "Stand Your Ground" bill passed the Senate last week on a 39-0 vote and now goes to Republican Gov. Jeb Bush, who indicated he will sign it.


"This is about meeting force with force," said House sponsor Republican state Rep. Dennis Baxley of Ocala. "If I'm attacked, I should not have to retreat."

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I know I've felt that very same way more times than I care to count.

And don't be surprised if you find a similar story on my blog about having a fist fight with some idiot driver.

I live in Florida...we can do that kinda stuff now...:)

 
At 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Road rage taken to a new (legal) level. Not a good idea. But a very good story!
blue2go

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger bounce said...

I am SquirrleyMojo's raging bile duct....

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

Fun post!

I think I avoid such situations - not because the morons of the world don't deserve confronting, but that going to the police station is inconvenient.

Plus, a bunch of people been shot on the roads here lately...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home