SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Good Morning Cruel, Sad World

I will eat another piece of pumpkin pie
for breakfast--just you try to stop me!

Why do writers often italicize linking verbs?
As if all emphasis should be placed on "do."

I'm still trudging through _Swan_,
but as Shields tracks down the origins
of this manuscript
we discover just how "collaborative"
writing & publication is/can be.

Because I am such a conspiracy-theorist,
I completely buy into the idea that most writing
is collaborative--almost no line is pure . . .

Can you imagine what the next generation
might do with all of these
bits and pieces we call blogs?

3 Comments:

At 11:26 AM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

MMn, pumpkin pie! If there's any in the house, I eat it for every meal until it is gone.

Good thing it's a seasonal food.

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Fred said...

You still have pumpkin pie left? But, I agree - it does make for a good breakfast snack.

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

I must try the italicize thingy. Then I will be a true writer and my bits and pieces will be made into new blogs and books by the next generation..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home