SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Thursday, January 19, 2006

28 Days and Another Full Moon

It _is_ because I am a woman.
My d*mn uterus--
everything going so well--
the energy--
the finesse of a lecture well taught--

all of it plumets with my d*mn womb.

I even hate the word--womb.
Who the h*ll made up such a stupid word
like that?
Womb.
Soft and mushy--
like a moan or groan.
A wound.

Sh*t--I hate this body! Being trapped here
all bloated out with one bite of rice--
right ovary aching--
lower back sore.
Felling like a moppy haired pig.

And so tired!
So d*mn tired! Can't lift my pen or think.

If I say anything,
anything at all, then
I am b*tching
I am whining
I am funny [admit it--you are laughing].

F*ck that!

When I cannot carry on with my day-to-day
function,
then this menstration sh*t has got to be taken seriously.

I am tired of living in denial!
Pretending I have some psychological issues,
that my problems are all internal,
that I can and should go about my work
just by popping some Midol.

Ten days, 10 days, out of each month
is tore up by this sh*t--that's almost a third
of my f*cking life.

What would happen if women
didn't have to pretend to be as "strong"
--how I loathe the word--
as men, if we took 3-5 days off and rested??

Would the world collapse?!?
Oh how utterly unfair that would be to the men!!
Why shouldn't they have days off???

Because they are not in pain
3-5 days a month with 5 days of prep work!

True, not all women suffer--
I'm a lucky one--
some may even take advantage of the time off--
who gives a flying f*ck?
About anything right now??

I just know that I was finally making some headway
and now, my body has to go and screw it all up.
Then I can spend the next 20 days trying to fix that,
until BAM another "period" of torture.

. . .

But I love my body. I love my uterus.
I really must.
I still have them don't I?
Haven't, like, cut them out with
a butcher knife.
Ehem.
Can I have
the highs without the lows?

I guess I'm able. I am strong--gr--.
I, as individual, will do what I must
to fight this pathology.
But this system sucks.

13 Comments:

At 8:11 PM, Blogger swamp4me said...

I feel your pain and I concur.

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

I can't relate, but I can sympathize. And I do.

 
At 1:16 AM, Blogger Vicarious Living said...

It truly is a horrible word. And Midol does about as much good as a sympathetic sorry.

 
At 3:44 AM, Blogger sumo said...

Oh, just have it all taken out and you will be right as rain in no time. Kids are just monsters anyway...screw having kids...bleh! Women can finally be human if they rip that stuff out and throw it away! It's just not fair!

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I swear I'd have my female parts yanked out if I could afford it (and the doctors would consent to it).

I'm so over that part of being female.

Ugh.

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

:::Tap dancing a gentle tap dance to no music off in the corner quietly:::

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Thelonius said...

Well, it seems to have got you blogging again.....OK, I'll shut the fuck up.

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger Phil said...

Doesn't sound like fun but I can relate to some of your symptoms. Mine's every two weeks

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger PBS said...

Yep, I've always hated that too: having to carry on as if nothing was wrong or different and as if I felt the same as always.

Being pregnant was even worse--we're expected to act as if having a huge belly and being physically off-balance and out-of-kilter was a normal and comfortable thing! Why can't we woman just tell the truth and take a break? (because the world won't let us, especially the working world of job-retention).

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Fred said...

I can't feel your pain, either. But, after age 50-55, you won't have to worry about it. Maybe that's the bright side?

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

Come back, Squirrley! We miss you!

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Waddie G. said...

thank God I'm a man...LOL

 
At 3:03 AM, Blogger sumo said...

Yes...come back...your womb and all the baggage that it brings.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home