SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Thursday, May 04, 2006

The End of the Week for Me

and, as usual, I'm beating myself
up for being a boring/horrible/ill-knowledged
instructor.

Only this time,
I know it's so true.

I trudge back to my office
feeling so low I could sink into cracks;
a student rushes in:

"Squirrleymojo? Hi! I'm so sorry!"

I look to see an attractive, pink
woman facing me all a-flutter.

I raise my eyebrows.

"Yes--I slept through your class.
I'm so so sorry. That has never happened
to me before. I never do that. But I slept
right through your class and didn't turn in
my folder. Will you still accept it?"

I bristled. Fumed. Turned a scarlet, livid red.
Lips pressed tightly,
I sit back. [I can't rememebr anyone falling
asleep in the back of the class,
but the first section is so big. I have utterly failed.
I'm so horrible this quarter
that students are falling asleep in class.]

"Well, I don't know. Admitting that you fell
asleep in my class isn't exactly complimentary . . ."

"I know, I know! But I must have hit snooze
on my alarm clock and just slept right through it . . ."

"Oh! [giggle giggle] You weren't in class?
You didn't fall asleep sitting in the class room?"
I laugh.

"No! No, no, no! . . . ."

I continued to laugh and took the folder.
I suck so badly. :-)

1 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Hey, the way she said it, I thought she slept while in class too!

See? You certainly DO NOT suck! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home