SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Monday, May 01, 2006

This is What Friendship Looks Like

Dearest SQ,

But I looked! I did, I did! And I'm not losing my mind
that much, am I? I must be. Every since your blog went
"offline," I've been looking to see if it's been
posted again. And it tells me that it can't find it.
But, SQ, I found it. Tonight. At 10:50 pm. When I'm
supposed to be working, but I can't. Because my mind
can't stop. I found your blog.

And it makes me smile and happy: knowing your writing
your blog. I like that it's there.

And I'm learning things (from your blog) that I feel
as if I should "know." You're in a writing group? I
ask this, thrilled! You are such a beautiful writer.
I've known this since when I used to be able to go
over to your cubicle and say hello. But I'm not
meaning to make this about me. SQ and writing group
= wonderful.

And now I'm in [University Far Away], not where I can walk over to
your cubicle. And I'm happy [here]: SQ, [My Lover] is going
to get a job down here. We haven't discussed living
situation or anything yet, but [SQ], to have my best
friend in the same city as me? To talk to him--in
person--whenever I want? To not be starved for sex
every damn weekend that we drop to the floor/couch/bed
(though that is kind of exciting too)? To just have
him next to me as I work on damn Spenser papers?

[So [Your Partner] just got on IM, and he's such a nice person
(though you know this). He chats with me (well,
briefly, to say that you're asleep, as you should be,
it's midnight there). He complimented me on my dog.]

How the hell did I miss out of four months of your
blog? I don't understand. I'm losing my mind, that's
all there is to it. [Lots of personal info edited
from this point--aww, don't you wish you had access to this?!?]

Your identity in your blog--changes!

Affectionately Yours,
[Your Bestest Bestest Friend
Who Always Makes You Smile]

4 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, Blogger Tim P. said...

hmmm...

drastic measures or none at all?

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Good? Bad???? What?

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Dragonfly said...

Was just thinking the same.. Not sure what I´m supposed to think. :D Good or bad?

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger kazumi said...

Oh I liked it. What a rare and indulgent glimpse into the world of SQ, beyond this (wonderful) blog.

I really enjoyed that post. Such happiness, comfort and intimacy in that letter.

Don't think I want to read into it anymore than that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home