SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Saturday, September 30, 2006

I Don't Mean to Keep You

My sister's been diagnosed with
bi-polar disorder.

I'm stunned and going through the whole gambit
of emotions:

Denial--no, she's just mean and manipulative
Pity--all these years? and she's lost so much
Self regard--do I have it? it is a genetic disorder
Anger--the medical profession is barbaric, why don't we know more?
Inquisitive--I'll wiki it
Helplessness--I don't want to be around my family
Selfishness--I don't want to deal with this
Frustration--what to do?
Apathy--it's really not my problem
Blame--my parents have a lot to do with this
Wistfullness--I wish this would just go away
Hope--maybe this will open new doors
Love--what can I do to show her a better way?
Fear--what about the children? how will they make it through this?
Protectiveness--how can I drag my own kiyis into this?
Exhaustion--what's the solution?
Procrastination--I'll call her again tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow

4 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger Lillee said...

My brother is Bi-Polar and schizophrenic. The first year was touchy, but after his medicine kicked in, he seemed ok. He still sleeps in the floor at night becuase he's afraid of the bed and the windows.

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

That would be hard - I'd be going through all the BS that had happened between us over the years and wondering what, exactly was to blame.

I wonder how many people are written off as...er, unpleasant who have a condition of some sort, be it something undiagnosed or even a condition yet to be recognized as a malady.

 
At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They can treat it. So woohoo that she has been diagnosed..

 
At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't we all know that it must be a match, that they were over head and ears in love with each other from the first moment they met?
hydrocodone bitartate

 

Post a Comment

<< Home