SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Yesterday? That would be Tuesday, right?

At 10am I had planned to negotiate
the double class, so I left a message in room 101
with WS200 and briskly headed down the hall to room 103
to tell ENG150 they would be rescheduled.

Only room 103 was being used to teach WS100
--"doubled-booked."

"That's impossible," claimed the Dean after he saw me headed
toward the information desk, students like duckies behind me
all in a row. He hid behind his hands
whispering _I'm not here_. "The computer's software
is designed to not allow that."

He barked a few orders and soon discovered that, indeed, 103
had been double-booked.
By the time I had sorted out the mess
and headed back to WS200 at 10:30, a quiet little headache
I had been nurturing ruptured.

I lectured through and, determined,
headed to the Writing Center afterward.

Sitting at my computer, developing a presentation
I'll be giving to a geography class on Monday,
the headache turned migrain.

I've never really experienced a migrain, apparently.

My head began to hurt in my throat; all of my teeth ached;
and I felt like vomiting my power bar. It refused to be ignored.

At 2:30 I stood up, told my staff I'd return by four,
and drove directly home. Two Aleve and two hours
after a nap, I returned to my office to clear my desk.

Couch, then bed by 9pm.

Yep, these are the types of posts I don't write.
You aren't missing much. ;-)

1 Comments:

At 7:54 AM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

Well shit. Feel better soon!

Don't you know my friends and family aren't allowed to be ill? It's in the unwritten unsigned agreement.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home