SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Heartsick about the Straw

Don't you just hate fussing with your mate?


Usually my own second-guessing
and self-reflecting
keep me from pointing fingers too long;
usually, I can't be serious about the feud
for over two hours--
I'll look in his eyes, and then smile.

life's too short and fussing seems too trivial.
Plus, he's great at seeing his own faults too.

Not this time.

This time, a boundary has been crossed,
a limit has been exceeded.
And I need to stand firm b/c people's feelings are being hurt.

(Secretly, I fear this has been a marriage of convienance
for the last 5 or so years.
People change during periods of their life--
what a challenge to hold on to a promise
made 12 years ago to someone who is totally different
by someone else totally different herself!)

1 Comments:

At 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:::perk:::

 

Post a Comment

<< Home