SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Great--Did I Absorb Any Bad Energy?

It's been about 5 years since we've seen Chitzen-Itza:

CNN POSTS:
New findings change thinking on human sacrifices
Archaeologists: Practice often involved children, brutal methods
Sunday, January 23, 2005 Posted: 5:07 PM EST (2207 GMT)
MEXICO CITY (AP) -- It has long been a matter of contention: Was the Aztec and Mayan practice of human sacrifice as widespread and horrifying as the history books say? Or did the Spanish conquerors overstate it to make the Indians look primitive?

Apparently the conquerors had some info right.
And just think, I stood outside one of the tallest
temples there the day before the spring equinox . . .

Not that I'm anywhere near an anthropologist or, ha, even an ethnographer, but I can never imagine cannabalism as anything but, well, wrong--

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home