SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Time is Running Out

So I went out tonight--yes, I do get out.
But, it's 10:38 so I guess I don't have to much to brag about.

The thing is, I got offered a job at the writing center at the U where I teach . . . and all of my collegues spent part of their evening urging me to continue on with a PhD program. I have great standing with the U where I teach (for example the WS department came to me and asked if I'd teach, even though I don't hold a certificate in that dept.); the Graduate Chair loves me (she is wonderful and loves everyone, really) and one of my most beloved mentors is likely to take the Chair of the Department this fall . . . so, I'm in (likely enough).

Time is ticking . . .

But do I really want to spend another 4-6 years in this area? with these great people? sooner or later, they will discover my utter uselessness--how I'm such a fake. My brain fog. How little I really know. Among other things . . .

And what about those imaginary children?? Sure they would have a great dad who takes care of business, but wouldn't they need a full time mother? admittedly, >gasp<, my area of study makes me rather angry toward my man-of-a-partner. I mean, it's like we are on two different worlds . . .

Could I really go back to studing like that?

And then the job market--yuk.

Don't want to miss the boat, but what if another is on its way?

btw--the Mexican food was fab.

1 Comments:

At 12:12 AM, Blogger Oh great One said...

Why do you think you are useless? I don't believe you could teach at a University if you were such a fake. If these people think so highly of you, maybe you should look for what they see in you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home