SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

My PC, My Prosthetic

Is my PC becoming a sort of prosthetic, an extention of myself, my body,
designed to help me with this disability?

Or will it prove to be a crutch that eventually
hampers my social adjustment even more?

Every since the accident, daily living has never been the same.
The funny thing is, I cannot pinpoint the time/place of the accident;
could it be:

1. When KFB laughed at me in the 2nd grade lunch room saying, "_____ doesn't chew with ____ mouth closed!!"?

2. When I slammed the front door, at 18, and trudged up that small-town hill in my RAX uniform. Desperate to reconcilliate with my highschool partner, I broke all ties with my family for over 10 years?

3. When I stood alone, holding the black receiver to my ear only to hear the word 'abortion' for the second time that day?

4. When the face of the clock struck 2:27pm and I knew, for a split moment, that I could honestly turn back, stop, and leave the church building? but didn't?

5. or when, and this must be it, at the Day of the Move, when every single soul I knew at the time, came over--unexpectedly--to our house and loaded up/packed up drawers of my undergarments and saw what was under my couch, my fridge, my bed--only to learn of our dreaded, contagious disease. We never really saw 1/2 of them again.



Do you know who you are reading?

1 Comments:

At 2:05 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

Hmn, PC as a prosthesis. Well, it's such a handy tool, it quickly becomes indispensable. It's not surprising that we come to rely on its resources.

And to think, when personal computers were first suggested, many scientists could not imagine why the common person would want one, or what we would do with them.

Just wait till we start implanting computers in our bodies/brains as a mainstream consumer item. Can you imagine getting a virus then? Ick.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home