SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Yep, It Would Be Garfield

If, if I had those twins,
I'd mark this evening as the first time Twin B
read a comic all on his own, word for word (even
words he may not have known [like "voodoo" for instance],
but sounded out oh so awkwardly).

I'd be pretty excited, only I'm sure it would have
had to have been _Garfield_ or something . . .

Then my partner would drop everything
and take him to get the Promised Hotwheel . . .

and on the way home, he'd lose another tooth. So
then the tooth fairy would have to go back out . . .

3 Comments:

At 12:01 AM, Blogger Elliott said...

I grew up reading Garfield.

Damn, that was a waste of time.

And as another objective random stranger, I like your writing.

 
At 2:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your writing, too. But I'm not objective, seeing as I already poached your style.

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Tee said...

it was dr. seuss for both of mine...
"go dog go" if i remember correctly, was the defining moment of "wow, how cool, they can read". sweet memory, thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home