SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Black Beard the Booga Booga Pirate

Ok, so I spent my entire morning on another
friend's blog--but oh what fun!

That only leaves a few moments for my own,
so I will leave you with this cheesy tale and pic:

My sis-in-law,
who fancies herself an authentic ghostbuster,
went on a haunted tour of Beauford,
arg, home of Black Beard the Pirate.
She took some great pictures. Pictures with "orbs" in them.

"Orbs," for those who may not know, geez,
are little specks of light that can be found in film
that often indicate, yes, a haunting.
An aura of energy--presumably from a spirit.

The picture below was taken from an infant's grave
dated in the late 1800s.
The story goes that unknown visitors
still cover the grave with toys
(and shells apparently)
every evening, yet by day break,
booga-booga,
the toys are scattered about the grave yard
(definately not a memorial garden--
although apparently people are sometimes married here
because it's so beautiful??)
as if the young child had been playing in the night . . .


Cheers,
SQMojo

4 Comments:

At 2:30 PM, Blogger Rainypete said...

That's pretty cool. I'm glad the little one cold still play with the toys. It would be ashame to think that it could only gaze wistfully at them.

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

Hey I have a pic with an orb in it...I'll have to dig it up and post it.

It's cool cause it's trying to escape before I caught it on film.

Hah! Gotcha, lil sucker!

(or maybe it was a problem with the developing process...but it still looks cool)

 
At 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw. My blog's officially cool now.

I have a picture of an out-of-focus building. Ghosts? Bad photography?

Ok... I'm not cool enough for orbs, clearly. But I would get married in a graveyard--that's a cool idea.

 
At 12:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There was a girl I went to high school with who brought in two pictures of orbs/ghosts--both taken in a graveyard in smalltown SD.

They scared the shit out of me.

On the grave stone sat a woman with a parasole.

The other had a orb-ish presence.

Ghosts seriously scare me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home