SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Thursday, June 09, 2005

A Few Stray Thoughts

Grading sucks.
See last post.
Failing students is the worse--
enough to make me want to quit.


Russell Crowe is an ass.
I hope he goes to prison for 7 years.
I bet he beats his wife.
If he did go to prison,
perhaps it would send a strong message to celebs:
"Don't hit people in the face with phones!"
Ass.
Boycott his films. I always do.


I can't imagine finding a leg, hip, and part of a spine
in my yard
fallen from some jet.
I adored the quote from the woman who did:
"But I am very glad that I live where I do,"
she said,
"so I don't have to run for my life
like this man probably was doing." [CNN]
She sounded very sympathetic
to stowaways.
People stuff themselves into luggage and everything else.
I remember a group of people who died
in a tomato truck--lack of ventilation.


Last night, on the drive home at 1:00am,
I thought of the 6 year old girl
who was killed
while trying to save a turtle from a busy highway.
I've stopped to save turtles before.
Her mother shouted for her to get back in the car,
but she just leaped out.
I've got to call a friend--
her little 5 year old is named Emily too
and would do the same . . .


Well, I suspect I will be glued to the PC today.
I released those grades in order to be more transparent.
I figure that I will get tons of angry email---

Will keep you posted.

2 Comments:

At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How sad that teachers are required to grade the students! It doesn't really work that well, as you've said...
blue2go

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Rainypete said...

The hardest aprt about teaching is that even at a young age, so many minds are already closed up tight. Don't feel bad about not being able to get trhough to them, these young ones don't always want to learn. Many get home to parents that teach them that they fail because the teacher is evil. Not because they don't do their work or try at all, oh my no!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home