SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Friday, October 28, 2005

Post-Identity Politics, My Arse

Perhaps I'm not the first to say it,
I haven't researched this oppinion,
but let it be known that Harriet Miers
has been a red herring all along.

I had my suspicions in the beginning.

One NPR analysist was bold enough to swagger:
"Well, one thing this has done is pushed
us past an era of identity politics . . .
Bush is not required not to nominate a woman . . .
we are past that now and he can look for someone (ie. a man)
who is truely qualified."

Now, I've taken the liberty to misquote this guy exactly
because my scholarship is often lazy-*ssed.
But you get the drift.

Bush wanted to put Gonzales on the bench all along.

I wouldn't be surprised if Harriet agreed to take the hit.

Further, this administration knew if it foreground an "ugly" woman,
yes, that's what I said, I'm going there,
people would reject her more easily. Have you seen her pics?
Seriously. The make-up around her eyes is bizarre.
Harriet is a True BITCH (in the Joreen sense of the word) in so much
that she is marginalized by those who are heavily invested
in performing femininty the way the patriarch demands . . .


Of course, closer friends have suggested that
I am, indeed, a bit of a wack-o, conspiracy theorist . . .
who is slightly paranoid. Nevertheless.

I am wearing orange today.
I look totally washed in orange.
But I need to risk it:
it's a cute, professional-type blouce for Halloween.

I've been wrestling with suspcions that
people only keep me around the U because I "look" the part.
My teaching this quarter sucked.
But I'm easy on the eyes, dress/act/speak professionally,
and give great first impressions.
Too bad I'm a bottomless pit of fragmented thoughts.
Broken goods.

I dance with the patriarch each day.

9 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger Thelonius said...

How's the book coming along? Conspiracy theories are big sellers.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

What about Madeline Albright? She seems to be doing ok, and she's no looker.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

She was even on Gilmore Girls.

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Tim P. said...

so what you're saying is that you're dressing as a pumpkin, or perhaps a candycorn.

my boss dressed up as a cow, udders and all...

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger swamp4me said...

I heard that same report on NPR.
And I am glad to know that mc etcher watches the Gilmore Girls...

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

I don't watch Gilmore Girls by choice, of course.

While I watch, (forgive me) I just keep hoping Loreli will jump Rory's bones and get it over with.

 
At 2:45 AM, Blogger sumo said...

I agreee with you about Miers and Gonzalez...but we'll have to wait and see. His 'mind' is so unpredictable and all.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger dot said...

I agree with what you said about Meir's being a red herring, although I am also a paranoid conspiracy theorist type myself.

And yep, ugly women are marginalized, as are older women. If you're ugly and old, well,...

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger dot said...

...you'd better be 10 times smarter and funnier than the men, or no dice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home