SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Yes, Fire and Ice

If I had a daughter,
she'd like dragons.

She'd keep a fire dragon
under her mattress, a puzzle
of course, and I'd sneak it out.

Have it matted and framed.

I'd want to make curtains for her room,
curtains made from blue Persian silk
with embroidered bonsai trees.

I wouldn't understand
why she would hesitate to ask friends
from school to come and enter
the fantasy land I'd try to create
just for her.

2 Comments:

At 8:52 PM, Blogger dot said...

That one hurts.

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

???

Why Paula? I'm baffled [but because I know the origins of this post, probably] . . . is it just a stinky post from your point-of-view?

I'm totally curious--you must answer!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home