SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Gush Gush Gushing

My poet friend, aka Avacado,
hasn't skipped out on us--
she's designed a magnificient
top-secret forum for us to keep track
of all our writerly writings!

And her comments!
So insighful--so on target--so professional.
Sigh. I'm in heaven.
Utter bliss.

It isn't enough to create with my body;
I must create with my words and experiences--
I need to write this life.


Oh, and some information on enjambement:

I was angry with a friend:
I told my wrath, my wrath did end.
I was angry with my foe:
I told it not, my wrath did grow.
--William Blake "A Poison Tree" (1794)


Obviously, these are famous end-stopped lines,
opposite of the enjambement
form which is French for "striding over."
[Wasn't that clever--someone please note.]

I live for enjambement
lines that always stress a good word
full of meaning; the construct seems to flow
quite naturally to my ways of thinking.

9 Comments:

At 3:21 AM, Blogger sumo said...

Things are looking up eh?

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

Damn you're a clever girl! But not for the reasons you think.

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Lillee said...

You know, if I was the mom of a thirteen year old and twin (almost) seven year olds, I would do the same things as you. Being typical.....is there something to be said for it?

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger dot said...

Bah!

I never get invited to anyones uber-secret forums! ;-)

Have fun with it, SQ. If you write something you're fond of, please post it here!

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

Now who's being clever, MC?

Sumo--paxil is doing wonders.

Lillee--who's typical?

Paula--do you write poetry?

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Fish said...

thank you for stopping by and saying hello.

What little I've read of yours, and I want to read a lot more, is quite..provocative?

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Reciprocal said...

We love to see what you create

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger PBS said...

"Enjambement" IS very clever to write. Now, how do you say it?

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Emjambement. What the heck is that?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home