SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Disperse the Moment

I wake up to song birds outside my window
and for a moment
I don't know where I am--
I often pretend I'm in a rainforest
because I have never learned the calls
and names of the native birds . . .

My coffee pot overflowed--
again--
and the sticky, sickly stain spread clear across
my counters
dripping
onto my floor, leaving grounds in the quick
of liminal spaces.

Yet, I do find a fondness, finally,
at last, in all the grime
for the first time,
because I know I'm leaving.

3 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you leaving the coffee pot or the rainforest. Leaving the coffee pot sounds less drastic..

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

"leaving grounds in the quick
of liminal spaces"

lovely!

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

It occurs to me that most things I say are tinged with sarcasm (or so people think) but it really is lovely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home