SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Does This Sound Too Suck-up-y??

"Well, it's been a while since I've taken a lower-level history course and
I'm just incredibly pleased with the (your) format--the arrangement and
accessibility of supplemental reading, the integration of writing into most
of the assignments, and the constant, critical oscillation between the past
and present (focusing on both "how do we know what we know?" and "why is
that knowledge important/significant?"). Pace is good (full foundation at
the start with synthesis toward the end--as if you've been doing this for
years); I believe a writing course patterned on the
summary/comparison-contrast/thesis mode will compliment this class nicely.
Tomorrow, I'll take a closer look at Kevin's (my predecessor's) specific
assignments and begin to map out the first couple weeks."

I'm totally gushing all over this professor;
I don't want to sound like I'm sucking up--it's just that I'm in frick'en awe . . .

5 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

It's a fine line between suck-up and gush - probably best done verbally, rather than written, unless you know him very well.

 
At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

seriously? shit. i've already sent it . . .

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Tim P. said...

too late then, eh? I would of removed: "as if you've been doing this for years"

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

good thing i've known this guy for 7 years & he has been teaching probably 20+. :-)

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

I'll post his response:

SQ: Thanks for the evaluation-- it's good to get positive feedback. Of
course, most students can't appreciate the thought that goes into
structuring a class and our colleagues who can seldom get the opportunity.
B


Did you see?? He called me "colleague"--woo woo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home