SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Sunday, October 08, 2006

An Invitation

This invitation greeted me this morning;
I thought it only appropriate to share
it with you, since it was also addressed to you:


Dear Everyone in the World,

This Friday the 13th will be a very lucky day, especially if you come
to a Fall Potluck for the University English Department hosted
this year by G H and V M.

In the interest of ensuring a variety of selections, those of us whose
last names begin with A-H are encouraged to bring main dishes, I-P side
dishes, and Q-Z desserts. In keeping with the D.I.Y. spirit of the
festivities, if you can bring a bottle of wine, a six-pack, or (if you
prefer) a non-alcoholic beverage as well as any plastic cups, paper
plates, or disposable utensils lying around, you'll help further the
reach of our collective Fall cheer. A few coolers would be great as
well.

Significant and insignificant others of all ages and kinds are welcome.
Festivities will begin at 5:30 P.M. G and V's address is 101
G Street. 123-555-3898 (G and V) if you have questions.

RSVPs to L M (m5@.edu) appreciated.

L, J, G, and V

4 Comments:

At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, are you saying we are signifigant or insignifigant..

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger swamp4me said...

Life is being a royal pain in the butt at the moment, so significant or in-, I want to go. I need to go. Please let me go...

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Tim P. said...

I'll bring asparagus pasta and merlot. :)

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Wooo-ooooo! I get to bring a dessert! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home