SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Friday, June 15, 2007

Pushing Forward

I imagine summer time as a collection
of moments where I would sit still,
watch his small fingers
work on a water color of race cars in the desert,
look at the way she cringed at the palm-eyed beast
from _Pan's Labyrinth_,
and see him set under the giant shade tree
waving to me in the breeze.

I'm reading dave eggers' _what is the what_ and perhaps you should too. He is kicking and screaming for us to hear him.

4 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Please let me know if you end up liking it. I try to read Eggers as much as possible, but his last few have remained purchased but unread on my bookshelves.

 
At 5:47 AM, Blogger kazumi said...

What do you like about the book? Why should I be reading it?

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

I prefer my authors to whisper gently from the bushes, the kicking and screaming is so, last year?

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

Hey Eugene, do you remember me?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home