SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Sunday, September 09, 2007

MC's On to Something Again

Etcher, you may be right.

I taught the WS100 at one of the regional

yesterday and had a fine time--

the students seemed quite engaged.



Hmm.



Need to think about that more.



Meanwhile, the Writing Center position

has been finalized and I start next Friday.



Already, the WAC Director (who is also a close friend)

has given me an assignment

to bridge the gap

between main campus and regional.

In high spirits, I replied "No problem."



Aiya.



Also, should mention I was ambushed

Friday by the regional faculty

after the--



since when does SQ think you are interested

in office politics?



Shame on me.



Instead:



That metal sphere--so tight

beneath the water, compact

in its perfection. I rolled it

between my index finger and thumb--



noticed the way other tiny spheres

had gathered on the surface

of my thighs, stomach, and chest,

little air pockets perfect in their reflection.



I poked at each and watched in stillness

their rise to the surface, extinction

or transformation.

4 Comments:

At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this a poem about farting in the bath? English was never my strong suit at uni.

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

When in doubt, assume it's an acute case of spaja! (some people are just...)

You know the Womens Army Corps Director? Yow!

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger DonnaN said...

lovely poem!

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

ahem!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home