SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

SQMojo Busts Ass Today at Noon

head over heals baby, down the marble steps,
up against some black car, papers scattered to the wind.

Pause.

I could have laid on the cold sidewalk forever,
looking up at the gre/ay sky.

Except other people were gathering around me
in a small black huddle of coats, gloves, and hats,
holding their steamy breath, perhaps picturing
an ambulance screetching around the corner.
A 9- dialed on a cell phone.

as soon as I felt their eyes, pinched brows, and "o" mouths--
I popped up all Willy Wonka style--
no harm done.

Didn't I just blog about rolling down some steps??
the experience was nothing like the blog.
my elbow is bruised.

3 Comments:

At 2:55 AM, Blogger sumo said...

Ouch! Hope your ego is just bruised.

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

"gre/ay sky"

I love this nod to word choice. I will hereby steal it. Yoink!

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

Oh, and hope you're ok!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home