SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Bare With Me as I Compute the Calculations

I just had a thought:
If I exercise 1 hour a day, six days a week, in order
to increase my life span by 5 years (I just pulled
that figure out of my butt, so already this entire
post is a farse), how much of those five years
are spent in exercise? Are we really gaining "life"?

OK. I'm not a math major, but:
6 hours a week x 52 weeks in a year = 312 hours
312 hours = 13 days
A body gets serious about exercise at age 20 and dies at 75.
75 - 20 = 55 years of exercise.
55 years = 169 days (55 x 13)

So, according to my calculations, we would be working 1/3 of a year for 5 extra years. Ok. Fine. I can do this.

As long as I don't get hit by a bus.

3 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, please don't get hit by a bus. The world would be a little colder without you. =)

 
At 1:39 AM, Blogger Don Tate II said...

...or a terrorist
...or a drunk driver
...or a tsunami
...or a sniper
...or a drug that's s'posed to reduce pain, but gives you a heart attack instead.

I just don't keep track anymore and keep pushing the dumbells and heavy deadlifts.

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I actually think about that..."Will this 30 minutes on the treadmill do me any good if I get hit by a Greyhound tomorrow???"

Sad, isn't it?

;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home