SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Saturday, May 21, 2005

No, YOU Get a Life

Yes, this is in fact a _Star Wars_ post.
Kindof.
Yet, also, it is a promise to cancel my subscription
to our local paper today.

Let's explore.

My Local Paper's Political Cartoon:

Fat, gross, white man w/shaggy hair, glasses,
in front of a computer,
in a basement,
slice of pizza in right hand,
Star Wars paraphanilla scattered around.

Caption [from guy's headset]:
"Camping out at the mall will be fun . . .
I'll get my light saber toothbrush
and my Chewbacca jammies-- . . .
remember, no girls allowed!!"

Caption from up the stairs:
"YOU'RE 40! GETTA JOB!!"


After 25 years (?),
and after making $50 million on opening night,
I gotta wonder why the cartoonist
isn't in a second frame himself:

balding and stooped over a wide studio desk,
garfield paraphanilla scattered about,
pencil squeezed in hand,
his tongue hanging out,
caption reading:

"I'm 42! Can't I squeeze out just
one more tired cliche about my kid brother??!"

2 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Blogger Tee said...

hilarious, becuz the "typical" stereotype should show that the guy/girl geek actually bought his parents a new house in some incredibly desirable location, and is living the life of reilly, becuz of the huge amount of FU money they made writing gaming software, selling their collection of comicbooks, and/or ebaying their mint-condition star wars figures...

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger portuguesa nova said...

Ha! So right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home