SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Sunday, May 15, 2005

It Didn't Work

Perhaps I didn't concentrate hard enough.
But the clearer path has yet to make itself apparent.

I took another 152 class this Fall, because a good friend
became the Director of Composition for the next 3 years.
Working for her would be terrific.

I imagine that if I had children
this search for focus would be the same for them.
For example, I'd take Twin B to soccer all season
and watch him trail comfortably behind the pack as they hustled.
He'd probably be afraid to hurt anyone by kicking the ball away.
Or somehow see it as rude.
Why bust in on everyone's fun?

Then, say, at the last quarter, of the last game of the season,
(incidentally, I'd probably miss it
because I would be a swim practice with Twin A)
Twin B would finally get to do the "kick in."
This is a move at the begining of the quarter
that acts as a perfect metaphor:
the center player of the 3 front team members
gets to totally focus on a still ball
and run up to kick it toward the goal.

Having the play of the game stopped,
and being able to totally focus on the ball,
I just know Twin B would make his first, his first GOAL.
And even though I'd probably miss it,
someone would get it on video, I'm sure.
There would be a celebration afterward.


So, yeah, if everything would just stop,
and I could get a clearer sense of the goal,
I'm sure I could make it.

3 Comments:

At 5:45 PM, Blogger Lillee said...

Wow.
You feel like I did not so long ago. Hang in there, there is a way out.

 
At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fog has settled in big time on my path as well. I haven't felt this unsettled in a very long time. Still waiting to hear about my job, but things are not looking good at the moment.

Hope things get better on your end. As my sister used to say, put your lifters on and try to rise above it.

s4m

 
At 2:34 AM, Blogger sumo said...

Yeah...what they said!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home