SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Friday, June 24, 2005

It's No Secret Yoga Helps Your Putt Putt Swing

I've been estranged from my family for
the most part of 12 years.

I'm treking off to see my sister today
amid feelings of ambivalence;
admittedly, I am curious about her life.

This is the little snitch that ratted me out for years
and thought school work was a joke.

A few weeks ago, her second daughter had a birthday
and I was finally invited.
Her home, a two-story, converted antique shop
is quite beautiful--country setting, small pond
full of carp,
nice deck, lots of full trees, some stone work.
Still, a fixer-upper.

She's preggers with her third child, and third daughter.
She's six years younger than I.
And a total wildcat. [I know I shouldn't reduce women to cats,
but I respect cats--well, mostly--
I'll think more about this aspect later.]

The fact that's really bothering me?
She smokes.
I feel like it's a dirty secret;
She is smoking while carrying this child.
Just like she did with the other two.
How stupid is that?


If yoga helped my putt putt swing,
should I try golf again with my partner?
I only tried once, years ago,
when I thought I would show my partner how it's done:
Tiger I am not.
Could not even connect the club with the ball &
almost wrapped the club around my knee in babyfit anger . . .
But perhaps yoga could change that?

3 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

I think my Mom smoked while she was pregnant with me... But hey, it was 1971, who knew?

Aside from hyperactivity and ADD, I turned out fine.

Except for the voices.

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Lillee said...

I am wondering, and have for awhile, what is so bad about you, that your family disapproves. Feel free to email me if you want to answer that question. If not, it's not my business anyway.

Crazy family, I wish they saw what we bloggers see.

 
At 2:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I taught at the women's shelter for the first time last week. When we asked the women: If you could be an animal, what would it be and why?, I answered that I would be a tiger. Tigers are beautiful and strong. And I have a weird fantasy of having a big cat as a pet. We have dogs in different sizes, why not cats?

You, squirrleymojo, could be (and are) a tiger. You've got the red hair. And damn, I've seen you in action.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home