SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Saturday, July 30, 2005

My partner has been absolutely endearing
the past few days:
each morning I wake up to a picture
of some cuddly furball saved as background to my PC.

This morning?
It's a white cat with one blue & one green eye.

I'm not normally the snuggly, "awwww" type--
especially over cats (which I normally find over-rated)--
so how did my partner know that these pics are just what I need?



Meanwhile, the Farmer's Market is this morning!
Woo-woo! Fresh, home-baked pretzels. mmmmmmmm
Vine riped tomatos, fresh corn, green tomatos to fry.
Broccoli that must be soaked in salt water.
Leaks. Turnips. Radishes. mmmmmmmmm


I feel so much better this morning--d*mn the Luxapro!
My doctor was out of the office on Friday & will call back
on Monday. I'm thinking Paxil.
But do you ever:

not feel connected to the time and place of the moment?
have trouble remembering the most mundane?
clutz about?
stutter or slurr your speech in social settings?
simply have trouble focusing?

I'm frustrated with my inability to think and articulate.
I watched some b-movie with Robin Williams . . . _Final Cut_.
The film explored the role of memory in identity.
I'd like to write a paper about such films . . .



If I had that 13-year-old-daughter,
I imagine I'd wake up on a Saturday morning
like today and find
her and a friend still awake--
never having even gone to bed/asleep
even for a second.


How should I spend this day that God has given me?
How long will these good feelings last?

2 Comments:

At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is why I keep coming back.

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Phil said...

I'm more of a Zoloft guy myself. Hang it there SquirrleyMojo, everyday is a gift, believe it or not...
"If it weren't for cancer, I'd say I have the perfect life. If it weren't for cancer, would I even realize this?" -me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home