SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Thursday, July 28, 2005

"Screaming from Hunger"

Niger has nothing to do with me and everything to do with me.

The situation has nothing to do with you,
with your western heritage--
and everything to do with you.


I'm angry. And sickened.
I'm helpless from thinking, thinking, thinking.
Reading.
And never taking action.

There's a soft spot in the center of my mind,
like in the middle of a stale piece of bread,
that is simply too alive, for I can picture
every child and mother in that tent with their wrist bands,
waiting to die.

I have no clue what the first step might be--
and I mean an honest step, not a gesture,
and I don't know why I might not take it,
even if it was suddenly revealed . . . . . .

2 Comments:

At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/boy_left_on_highway;_ylt=Au8C7TWLEMcLPEI0aZkqVYcDW7oF;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

This actually made my heart hurt physically. I can't imagine what the bio-physiological implications of that is.

 
At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

starvation...horrible.

about the little boy, how could someone do that to a child?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home