SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

First Day Back

The university was very hot today--
I had two classes and had to walk
a gazillion miles in between. Up hill.
Yep, blisters on my sexy toes.

My office mates are either sweet or sour,
unlike myself,
whom I describe to be pleasantly mediocre.

It's only 3:54 and I am coniving ways
to sneak a nap. Plus, "the cold."

The 153 Special topics course has started splendidly--
even though I'm afraid I may have talked
about the apple of plagerism a bit too much.
But can you blame me after last quarter?
Further, they voted to put _Sin City_ on the list--
so now I'll need to watch that. Joy.
The things I do for my students.

My first section of WS100 appears to be a nice group.
An incredible blend between freshmen & seniors,
this class has already corrected a date I had
on the board from 1840 to 1848--which, ironically,
makes me excited. #1 They are engaged enough to notice,
#2 They already feel as though they can speak up.

Of course, a correction on the first day
makes me a tad nervous too--what of my own ethos?!?
Have I lost any crediblity? Or were they out
to impress me?
My peers say I am too excitable.

Can you imagine if I had my own children right about now?
I mean, sure we would have had a fantastic summer--
but now, now that it is turning fall, life would be nothing but
Algebra
Spanish
Grammar Tests
Science
Social Studies
Viola Lessons
Band Practice
Endless Soccer Schedules
Spelling Tests (ug-nastiest)
Book-in-a-bag
Dinner & Clean Up
Friends Over

Geez, I have enough to think about!

8 Comments:

At 7:15 PM, Blogger Matt said...

Squirrley, I read your posts with a sense of deja vu. I've been battling a cold (turning into bronchitis, I fear) for almost three weeks now. Family crises are always lurking just around the corner. Bombshells of surprising variety drop left and right. I just feel like taking a nap, but I can't.

Good luck with Sin City.

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Phil said...

Squirrley, I know someone who is collecting photo's of feet. Let me know if you're 'game'. You may even know her.

 
At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mojo, at least you do not have a kitten trying to eat your feet every night.

Actually... want a kitten?

 
At 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Squirrley,

I'm so glad to hear that the day went well! You totally have ethos, baby, no worries about that! Definitely see their correction as a super-smart group that will be a joy to teach! How EXCITING! And WS? I'm jealous....

You should see my feet. I've been walking uphill to school--my feet have cuts, blisters, and a lovely design of bumps where the mosquitos got me. Ugh. They're so ugly right now!

Avacado--kitten????

 
At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

More like a monster.

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

Feel better soon!

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Fred said...

That's why I like high school. I'm in the same classroom all day.

Hope your feet feel better - soak them and enjoy!

 
At 2:36 AM, Blogger Vicarious Living said...

I think you intimidate me lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home