SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Monday, September 05, 2005

It Is Called "Sin"

Speaking of hate. And peeves.
Have you seen _Sin City_?
I borrowed it from a friend to study its cinematography--
and had to turn it off after about 20 minutes.

Why did the sexy lesbian have to be so visually punished,
left completely naked in the corner of a sterile, dark trophy room
(equipped with womens' heads mounted along the wall)
lamenting the horrors of having her hand cut off and fingers
eaten in front of her by the arch villian (Elijah Wood of all people)?!?

WTF people!? Woo-woo entertainment industry.
No wonder our people are so messed up--
I hate/loath Quintin Terrintino's misogynist work so much,
so much that he deserves his name to be forever miss-spelled.

7 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

And if anyone cares--I believe she is visually punished for being _beautiful_. The main character says, ". . . she was a lesbian, but hell if I knew why--with a body like that, she could have any man in the city."

So she is punished for being beautiful _and_ for not using that beauty to satify men.

As are all the heads on the wall--beautiful women.

Grrrrrrr! I am so sick of seeing any woman chopped up!!

 
At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay. Now I know not to watch it. My significant other and I rented it, but never got around to seeing it. I liked Terentino's _Traffic_. Notice the past-tense. I may have to reconsider.

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger swamp4me said...

How bizarre...I just this very minute finished watching _Sin City_...

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Primordial Dork said...

Hooray for someone else who thinks Tarantino is a sniveling hack. His influence mystifies me.

For a much more altrusitic tale of excess, I prefer Boogie Nights. Don Cheadle is amazing.

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Primordial Dork said...

Traffic is Steven Soderberg, I believe, so you're none the worse for liking it...

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

I watched the movie but thought it was too violent and crappy. Guess I'll just never understand artistic endeavors..

 
At 5:41 AM, Blogger Weary Hag said...

I hated Sin City. I thought at first it was just because of all the hype it had gotten for so long, but later realized (after about an hour of it) that it was just pure crap.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home