SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Indecisiveness will Kill Me Yet

I'm making my syllabus for next quarter;
the ENG classes went swimmingly,
but the WS classes are wrecking me.

Should I quiz?
Instead of all the exhaustive writing
(read grading)
perhaps I should buckle and simply quiz?

Will the students engage in the readings
more or less?
Will they learn more or less?

How can I maximize their output
while minimizing my grading?
Aiya--five classes should do me in.

On another note:
My partner has begun to print off my blog.
He suspects it will take 4 reams of paper.
You should see January and Febuary--
complete with your comments . . .
and cute little avatars . . .
[anything you'd like to say to the near future?].

He contacted a few printing places,
which wanted to charge $40 an hour plus .35 a page.
I almost feel badly . . .
watching him slavishly printing away . . .

12 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

Quizes! Definitely quizes!

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

A quiz for each class. Get some flunky to grade them.
BTW, my avatar and comments are protected under copyright law..

 
At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell your partner to STOP IMMEDIATELY.

Seriously.

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

WTF? Why?

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Tim P. said...

because he could get a paper cut.

And paper cuts hurt!

anonymous demands are ridiculous except for in the movies.

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Thelonius said...

I thought your partner wasn't allowed to read your blog.

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

He's not allowed to "read" it--just print it. Having known this fellow for a while, I believe he will keep his promise.

Shhh, honestly, I don't think he finds my writing interesting enough. He's on the inside--knows all the plots, twists and turns. I've had my diary beside the bed for years and I don't think he's ever once peeped. He believes I tell him everything . . .

I once found his journal--he caught me and we physically wrestled over it (I'm sure I could have won if pressed). Later, I really did peep into it.

It was blank.

Seriously. I don't know if it was a decoy, or what he's really thinking . . .

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

see--he'll never read this either . . . :-)

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

I've set "traps"--ideas he would _have_ to discuss if he bumped into them . . .

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Thelonius said...

A friend and I have agreed not to read each other's blogs. I've kept my end of the bargain, but I know she hasn't kept hers. She knows I know and doesn't care and still trusts me not to read hers. I can't figure out how we came to the tacit agreement that she's allowed to trespass but I'm not, and what it says about our relationship.

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

Euhemerist--you exchanged addresses? not to jump to conclusions (all of which I am infamous for), but could these be read genderly?

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Thelonius said...

She guessed what mine was called and hers is in a location where I was bound to come across it. I'm not sure what you were reading genderly or what conclusion you were jumping to but I'd like to be able to read the situation genderly in some way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home