SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Symbols

He took her to the laundrymat.
I suspect she had her rainbow pouch
slung over one shoulder.
I see her sit in a metal/plastic chair,
the blue one away from the window,
and hunch over a Gameboy.

He stuffs his underwear, socks,
tees, and jeans all into one washer, thinking:
"How can I connect?"

He takes out a 5x7 sketch pad
and a #6:
"Draw" he offers. She wants
to ignore him, she's on level 13--
a very difficult level to say the least.

He pushes at her
and she resigns. He takes a ball point
out of his checkbook and begins to sketch
what's around him. Not in his head.

During the spin cycle
her mood changes:
"Here. I want to show you my sign."

He looks down
at a loopy, wobbly enclosed shape.
Frowns.
"Here. Let me show you how I would."
He takes the #6 from her hand
and the pad--

I don't know what he drew;
I only saw her eyes afterward.

4 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

haha--I said "He stuffs his underwear"--the b*stard.

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Tim P. said...

I second MC.

Also:

Frowns.
"Here. Let me show you how I would."
He takes the #6 from her hand
and the pad--


Too true, so male too.

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

I liked that..

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Fred said...

It's unanimous. More, more!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home