SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

I Hope You aren't Too Lazy Today

I think you will enjoy this poem
on ParticleBoard:

http://sundress.net/stirring/millers.htm

by our dear friend Avacado, published in _String_,
I believe.


I have decided to teach Chopin's _The Awakening_
in my WS200--only I've never taken a day of French
in my life. In fact, I've avoided it rather successfully,
to my newest chagrin.
I wish I had my partner's tongue.
Uh, er--you know what I mean. My partner can get the gist
of most languages.
I want to teach this text, it has been essential
to my experiences,
but I don't want to stand and stutter over the names
in front of a class--what to do?
AHA! I will see if I can get this book on audio tape.
Duh. Thanks sooper blogger buddies.

Off to work now--more later if I can.

2 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Blogger Fred said...

Try moving to France without knowing the language. That's what I did. But boy, did I learn it fast!

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

Cool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home