SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Thursday, May 11, 2006

A Long 48 Hours

I have about 50+ more quizzes
to grade & speaking of quizzes,
I had to look the word up on a Word program
in order to spell it on the board this morning . . .
I've been having more and more difficulty
with spelling--especially at the blackboard
with students staring at me . . .
the letters themselves are so big & my mind is racing
on what I am saying (which is generally not the same
as what I am writing) and what I intend to say.

One of my best students (I could tell from her
handwriting) suggested, on my evaluation of all places,
that she seriously thought I was mildly dislexic.
No shit, Sherlock.

Where was I?

Oh yes, complaining about my longish day.
Oh no, I do not get to leave after office hours today
I'm afraid. No.
I am going to dinner with J and her friend,
then I'm headed off to hear a poet at the Lit Fest.

A long drive home will immediately follow.
But the kicker?
What makes this evening not so fun?

An 8:ooam pap. That's right. I had an abnormal pap
and now must be tested by an OBGYN--
which is utterly ridiculous
b/c my doctor and I know that my mensus screwed
up the results of this last smear . . . sigh.

Then, back in the car to a lunch on Global Feminism.
I barely have 2 cents to contribute
and I don't feel like being "exposed" twice in one Friday
(which is suppose to be _my_ day-
hello, Friday, me me me).

So whatever happens to you tomorrow,
i hope you don't end up in stirrups.

5 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Blogger Tim P. said...

To quote a bit of S.S.'s biography:

Her work is grounded in the idea that nature is the source from which all knowledge arises and she is interested in art and culture.

Her ideology is worse than Wordsworth's! Nature isn't the source of art or culture, indeed Nature by itself is entirely artless.

But she's won lots of awards...have fun!

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Oh, the lovely stirrups! I was in those myself two weeks ago.

Ain't being female grand!

;)

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

I've been a little dislexic lately - I think that it's just a matter of being distracted, and your brain whizzing along so fast that your hand gets ahead of you.

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Matt said...

I am mildly dislexic, and whenever someone points it out, I say, "Of course, My yam."

As to your last... Thank you, Squirrley, I share your sentiments.

 
At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Respiratory Therapists

 

Post a Comment

<< Home