SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Nevermind Where I've Been

I started Summer Session I today.

ENG150, a commute to a branch, is remedial torture.
We have 2 workbooks to complete--workbooks! Like
ditto worksheets.
Two hours today spent underliniing nouns
and capitalizing proper nouns.
What did I do wrong??

But at least I'm getting paid.

Back in the home town? My glorious WS350?
Feminist Theory? My field?!?
Three women show up.
Two women are absolutely astounding
in the first night's analysis; the third,
intimidated I'd wager, leaves at break.
This class will not make.
Neither will it's counterpart.
And I'm out 4k. And all of that experience.

But I have workbooks.
And bubble-esque quizzes.
I need a drink. Nice and tall
or flat and fat.
Oh, and Aruba.

1 Comments:

At 11:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are back. From whatever secret place you went..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home