SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Tonality

I just got sparky with Avacado
on her cool blog--
hope she knows I'm just being sparky--

I mean, I could write: "I'm just being sparky,"
but then that would, uh, take out the sparkiness.

But, what if she gets sparky with me?
And I take it wrong
and get my feelings hurt? Or get angry?

Writing with the proper tone
can be such a chore,
especially if you over analyze your audience.

I told you about the red pen incident?

Once, I, as a teenager going off to work,
left a note for my mother.
She yelled at me for two hours
about being snippy with her in the note.
I didn't understand until she mentioned
the fact that the note was scribbled in RED.
THE ANGRY COLOR.

WHICH ALSO BRINGS ME TO ADMIT
THAT I TOO HATE EMAILS IN ALL CAPS;
YES, I FEEL AS IF THE WRITER IS SHOUTING.
DO YOU?

3 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I worry that I will be taken wrong every time I write a comment.
It's eating me up inside. I have ulcers and hangnails and a myriad of other medical conditions as a result of commenting.
But I'm a comment addict..

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

Friends are the ones you're allowed to get sparky with. Otherwise, what's the point?

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Phil said...

YES, I HATE CAPS TOO
:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home