SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Get Thee to a Writing Center

Week three? I've already lost count.

We are starting week five of the quarter
and all is well (besides the sh*t load of grading
sitting beside the fire place --think it will catch?).

The writing center gig is going well. The regional
campus serves about 1700 students; all the freshmen taking
composition classes are suppose to stop in--3x.

I have 6 really great tutors--well, 4.
Two of them I'm not so sure about.
Met with them Friday from 4-6 and I'm
simply exhausted. Very chatty group.
One may be trouble.
Not sure we actually accomplished much.
Eeee. Well, it is me.
Challenges challenges.

My partner finally forced me to use
the notebook he bought; VISTA, yuck.
I dread transfering all of my files . . .

I am on my feet about 12 hours a day (27 of those
teaching, 16 tutoring), 6 days a week--

so I guess that's one way to get SQ to buckle
to the system.

3 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

Do you have to stand so much? Maybe get one of those tall stools and perch yourself there at least a little bit at a time - the time off your feet will add up!

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger kazumi said...

Such a long time to be on your feet!!

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Tim P. said...

damn. vista sucks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home