SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Slapped Around

I don't think universities should take money
from people, who barely passed their GEDs
and are borrowing cash to go to college
because they truly believe that any type of degree
will dig them and their children out of poverty,
without providing them with an honest education.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's wrong to take
their money and either 1) simply pass them even when
they cannot contruct a subject and verb sentence
after 10 weeks of instruction or 2)fail them without
providing them with every resource to succeed.

I know acadamia is now an industry; I know that I am not alone,
nor the first, in having these concerns.

But perhaps I am the loudest at the regional campus since 2005;
and pushing admin to reevaluate placement policies
when I've only been in the mix for less than 6 months
was a stupid move. If I had the energy,
I'd bore you with the details.
Just trust me, this place is brutal--
and I'm not the only one getting beat on . . .
Ironically, I've been offered a promotion on the main campus--
but I'd have to take a paycut (wierd) and pay 100+ miles
in gas a day . . .

Meanwhile, tomorrow is my last class this quarter! Yipee!
I got my retirement statement today--21 more years
for the bare minimum? Uh. yikes.

Crazies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home