SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Monkey Shines

Ok, I admitt, I was flattered. A first-rate blogger like monkey scratches at my door. Perhaps I'd get linked. yadda yadda.

But then you have to ask yourself:
what's so funny about the word/animal "monkey"?
Use it in phrases like: Pet my monkey; take me out to the monkey; now back to the monkey; here's monkey; feed the monkey; she's such a monkey; I've got to go to the monkey; this monkey smells sweet; did you check the monkey? And the word monkey becomes mundane.

Yet, I do have a monkey pic on this site.

What's the facination with monkey? Bucky wants to eat a monkey.
Our culture is saturated in monkey. I'm flattered by a monkey?

This is wrong. All wrong. wrong wrong wrong.

But this monkey can type.
In short bursts of wit and fun, the monkey can type
a blog like no monkey's business.

Don't think I am stroking the monkey though--
I have to wonder how this monkey is afforded the luxuray
of being witty all day
while managing such mundane chores as environmental cleanliness,
culunary nutrition, acceptable clothing, meaningful education, various social obligations, among sexual duties,
for an entire family?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home