SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Sunday, February 13, 2005

So, IF I did have a twelve year old daughter, that would suggest that I lived through some sortof teen pregnancy, perhaps with a gay man who didn't come out for the first 4 years of the relationship--2 already into a broken marriage . . .

Then I'd be sitting around this very Sunday morning,
waiting for him to play the old part of shared parenting,
pick her up for lunch, a movie, and shopping--
only to tell me later tonight that he is ready to "come out"
to her--
even if she'd only be starting 7th grade
in a new school
without many friends
having a tough time of her own.

And I would be angry.
Not so much b/c of his sexuality,
but b/c of his personality.
The way he was never a father;
no spelling words,
no bike rides,
no anything difficult or troublesome.

And now to trust him, w/her 60+ miles a way in a metropolis?? Overnight?

I would say no, and she would understand. But look haunted.

3 Comments:

At 6:35 PM, Blogger swamp4me said...

You know that by the time she was 12 she would already have figured out that her dad was gay. He wouldn't have to come out to her...

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

I hope the day turned out ok...

Hug.

It's a difficult situation!

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Litany said...

Hear hear Pork!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home