SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Monday, March 07, 2005

Correctional Institute

__________ Town has a rather large, ahem, Correctional Institute. Medium security. No executions, ie. "capital" punishment (what's so "capital" about the idea of punishment anyway? in a British slang sense, I mean).

Having said that, while out this morning running errands, I noticed many, well, felons out and about, picking up trash mostly, around schools. Yes, schools. Particularly schools with children in them. Young children. I'd wager.

Is it just me, or is there something vaguely unsettling about this little senerio?

If I were a parent, I'd be outraged. I'd call the warden. I'd call the school board. I'd call my Senator. And if that didn't work, I'd lobby Dubya with this sign:

Keep Felons Out of School.

2 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Blogger The King of Kerwood said...

I've seen commercials on Canadian TV promoting Pardons Canada, where they show actors supposing being ex-cons doing vacation-like activities in public settings because of their limited access to travel. There was one commercial where a "Former Ex-Con" acts like he on the beach but due to his limited movement, he was doing this in a public park with kids playing in the sandbox around him.

That was kind of freaky.

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

Your sense of outrage is completely justified! Unfortunately, until one of these convict workers escapes and devours an infant, nothing will be done. It always requires catastrophe for changes to be made.

Like airport security. Pre-911, would the American People have suffered through the security checks we now endure? No!

And yet, security is still very lax. During every visit to the airport, big loopholes in the system are obvious to me.

Perhaps I should send a few emails to the Homeland Security folks, with my input.

Though they might decide I am a risk, after reading all my ideas. My Mom always said I'd end up in prison, due to all my devious throughts. But no, I'm law-abiding. I'm just observant.

I sent an email to the CIA recently, detailing a method to track down and capture Bin Laden. I hope they don't decide to - uh, whatever they do to people who annoy them with suggestions.

Or what if the idea was so brilliant, they decided to hire me as a consultant? Oooh, that would be cool.

I know I'm digressing somewhat from the topic I'm supposedly commenting on, sorry!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home