SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Have You Ever Noticed?

Warning: Obscure, hazy blog written from the insider's point of view that is called my mind. You may want to move along today.

The most fascinating people, for me, are those people who,
for whatever reason imaginable, do not have a distinctive line drawn
between public and private personas/selves.
These people operate in society without most of the inhibitions that mainstream, fully socialized people are restricted by.

For example, the two lovers in _Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind_.
The woman intrigues the man because of her "uniqueness."
Not only is she colorful visually, but she is also "colorful"
by means of a quirky/flirty/spontaneous personality.

Yet, the danger of such people, as mused on by this particular film,
is the longevity of such relationships.
Bits of such a person that was once intriguing & facinating,
eventually become odd and irritating . . . what am I trying to say?

Just that it has been ten years. Unbelievable.

I have a horrible habit of never taking my clothes into the bathroom.
I wrap a towel around myself and slip into the bedroom to dress.
My partner gapes as if the experience of seeing my nakedness
hasn't been readily available for ten years.

"When do I get my pictures?"
[Would SQ ever pose?]
"Pictures? You don't need pictures." I flop on the bed with a smile.
Kicking my legs, bent at the knee, behind me. "Besides, you have the xeroxes."

My partner smiles,
turns red around the ears,
looks down. "That wasn't me."

After ten years, all romantic memories blend into one . . .

1 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

Too true!! Thats why it's probably fortunate that 99.99% of my romantic memories are with my Fiancee.

Whew! Keeps it easier to sort the memories.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home