SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Vetting

So I have a cat; I've just always choosen not to blog
about said cat co-habitation.
I call the cat, on occasion, Zizek.
He is a very low maintainance cat. For example,
he came to us just about a year ago
w/all of his shots
and w/o his balls.

He prowls about outside the house from time to time. Today,
I've been informed that he not only has a small "mark/sore" on his back,
but that he also has formed a bit of a limp.
Just now, he didn't purr when I pet him. Unusual.

To the vet? Sure. Only,
I need new lens for my reading glasses this week
and, frankly, b/c of monetary reasons,
I've avoided my own MD on the past 2 occasions
of a possible ear infection.
Even though I realize that ideal-living w/a cat
means an occasional (if not regular) visit to the vet,
I think I will have to wait out Zizek's symptoms a couple of days . . .

3 Comments:

At 8:02 AM, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

*sigh* I know what you mean...animals can get expensive...even healthy ones. I have three dogs and to make sure they have all their shots and heartworm meds...it costs a small freakin' fortune!!!

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger swamp4me said...

Cats are pretty resilient creatures and usually heal up quite nicely without our interference. So, I agree with triglyph, just keep an eye out for any excessive weirdness and let nature do the rest.
As far as your possible ear infections go, you were probably better off without the antibiotics the doctor would have prescribed. :)

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

I hope your feline feels better soon!

Also, I am not dead. Thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home