SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Back from the Dead with More Rain in the Forecast

I've seen, heard, and experienced so much
that I want to tell you about:

+ My mirror has been cleaved in half;
the bottom half is tilted in such a way
that my entire mid section
looks pulled & stretched. Fabulously lengthy.
The mirror
reflects an image that looks utterly trim
and healthy (if not way exagerated)--just like
in pop culture. I never want to fix this mirror.

+ I'm working on Habitat's newsletter today:
"Family Selection
The Committee has made two visits to families
applying for houses. There will be a meeting
in April to review the findings of the interviewers.
We have not found a family for the house
that is available in P County. If you have a family
in P County that needs decent housing
and will meet the criteria, please contact
the Habitat Office at (555) 555-5555.
This house needs a family that will make it a home
not just a structure. We also need new applicants
that will be for the 2006 build.
Our families are getting anxious for their houses this year.
The P family are looking forward to their house
being delivered soon so they can start on the inside.
Keep in mind these families are given to us by God
and we are His hands and feet
so they can have a portion of His Blessings.
"

I didn't write this.
Obviously.
Not only am I sucking it up through all the choppy sentence structures,
but that last bit is very disturbing:
Keep in mind these families are given to us by God
and we are his hands and feet
so they can have a portion of His Blessings.


So, we at this organization
are a part of God's very body,
His hands and feet--esential parts--,
and we must help those in need
have a "portion" of His blessings?
What a binary!
After what I saw at the groundbreaking ceremony,
I can testify to "portion" indeed.
And the people presented themselves in a very god-like manner . . .

Why am I so harsh!?! geez, I should give people a break!

Also, I recommended "chairperson" (hello, 2005 here)
instead of "chairman." Dead silence.
A total bomb shell.
Why do I have to rain on everyone's parade??

+ I was looking for X pair of black sandles and found
Y pair of black sandals!! I had forgotten all about Y!
Yeah! A secret treasure rediscovered! My feet look
good and feel great today.


Yikes--I'm out of time, but come back today
because I want to tell you about my student, J,
last night and the stirrups.

4 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Don't most people simply call it "The Chair" now rather than man or person? That's what I've run into at least.

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Tee said...

hmmm, if i am a part of god, which part would i want to be?

i am gods big toe.

;)

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger swamp4me said...

OK Mojo, that last sentence made me blow coffee through my nose -- should one ever use the words "student" and "stirrups" in the same sentence.

Oh and Tee's comment made me think of a book I read years ago, _Towing Jehovah_. I enjoyed it and recommended it to a friend. She started reading it, was horrified, and feared she would go to Hell if she finished it. I no longer recommend books with any religious or quasi-religious themes to others :D

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Lillee said...

I've tagged you and you're it!! Go to my blog, find the list I have posted. Choose three professions, post your answers and pass it on. Lillee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home