SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Sunday, May 01, 2005

A Sad Decision, But an Honest One (I Hope)

Ok folks, I may have just damaged my career,
but this is what I sent out ten minutes ago.
You know, I am seriously sad that I *can't* write such a letter!
I wish I could spread the love--
it'd be great to write wonderful praise
in honor of a great mentor!
But darnit, he didn't give me any love to spread.
I hope the whole department doesn't think poorly of me,
and that all of my hard work doesn't get wiped out
with one push on the SEND button . . .

D,
After much consideration, and a bit of soul searching if you will, I humbly regret that I cannot assist you in letters for Dr. M. Although I am grateful for all of his assistance during my MA program, and I continue to wish well for Dr. M, I would not be able to compose any sort of letter beyond what I have just written. However, I am confident that the letters you receive from the PhD students will be more than enough.

I have taken the liberty of CCing J, if you should require any further explanation.

Sincerely,
SquirrleyMojo

8 Comments:

At 9:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You did the right thing. Don't look back.

 
At 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure you didn'sign it "SQ" did you...? jk

 
At 7:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I brave stand. Honesty is always the best policy.

 
At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you. Now that's behind you.
blue2go

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Yes, I agree....good for you.

 
At 4:36 AM, Blogger kazumi said...

I agree with everyone else and think you handled the situation beautifully.

Did you receive a reply to your email?

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger sumo said...

Job well done.

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Elliott said...

Interesting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home