SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Friday, April 29, 2005

Long Time No Blog

But that will happen when one's universe
experiences a mild upheaval.

Have you ever wanted to be a little insect,
green and jeweled quite nicely,
on the wall
and overhear the conversations of your colleagues and friends
when they happen to be talking about you?

(Well then, think about looking into government jobs
under the current admin. at 555-)

I became a tiny lime-green spider yesterday and discovered
just exactly how my colleagues view me:

I'm a blusher.

Apparently, everyone find this fact not only quite amusing
and entertaining, but also perhaps a bit endearing. Pat on the head.

Arg! I don't want to be a blusher! I hate the feel of burning ears.
My chest and neck flushed pink. Who would have guessed that blushing
would have been the gossip about me? Blushing?! What about my rage
against society?

So, I suppose they have all sat around and theorized
as to the reasons/sources of my blushing . . .
one particular person I blush with at every encounter
must, on some level,
suspect that the blush is a sexualized response--but no.
The seasons of my blushing could never be reduced to sexual attraction,
because from what little snide comments friends, students, and colleagues
have said in the past, say six years, I am viewed as completely asexual.
This perturbs me in unexplainable ways.
I mean, partly, mostly, it's true. But still.

For example, when I was getting my hair trimmed last weekend,
I told my hairdesigner about the interview.
She said, "Sure, and the haircut is going to make it."

"I dunno, maybe I'll wear a lowcut. Should I be hot?" I asked.

She lost it. Looked at her friend through the mirror, over my head, and laughed.
As if I could not be hot?
It's like I'm a fricken stand-up comedian
when it comes to my sexuality.

I blush. What a fatal flaw.
An incurable, fatal flaw.

6 Comments:

At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I SO hate blushing! Have done it all my life and it's never been "cute" just horribly embarrassing, too revealing (that I was stressed) and not conducive to getting ahead in the business world! And usually had nothing to do with sex or sexual thoughts!
blue2go

 
At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two things.

1) Blushing is natural. It means that you are a Real Person, with thoughts and feelings and genuine emotions. You are not fake and superficial. Only false, obtuse, stuffy people don't blush. Forget those assh*les.

2) SQ, as someone who knows, take it from me:

You ARE hot. Yes.

PS: Someone once called me asexual too. What a weird rudism. Just because I'm not in-your-face-muy-macho doesn't mean I can't rock yo world girl, I'm mean fo shizzle mah bizzle.

Not 'your world' specifically. I'm spoken for. Sorry.

Go Now! Blush! Revel in your realness.

 
At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone famous once said "People who spend all their time wondering what other people think of them would be surprised at how little they do."

Or something like that. Still, I often wonder what people in that building said about me, too. And I never thought of you as blushy. One M.D. has that distinction.

 
At 1:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I had a nickel for everytime someone told me I was hot I'd almost be able to buy a pot to piss in. Speaking of pots to piss in, bathrooms smell funny.

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

I've always suspected that you think I am hot, dawatcher.

Your post makes me tingle & you've always been a most excellent friend (if you are who I think you are).

And since when are you "taken"?! WTF? I better be hearing some details soon.

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

And hello? I know another anonymous poster #3?

Who the heck are you? "M.D."? You've got me puzzled & that's not easy to do, but fabulous!!

Really--don't tell me, but keep posting & I'll figure you out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home